Even though it’s more expensive than other kinds of flooring, such as linoleum and carpeting, it does have lots of advantages that may overcome the extra price. Here are six of the positive reasons to utilize wood flooring:
1) Long-lasting – one of the significant reasons to install wood flooring is the way it can last. The lifespan of other flooring can be far less. For instance, carpet might need to be replaced at five-year intervals due to the regular wear and tear that contributes to stains, holes and overall shabbiness.
2) Easy to clean – the wood flooring is easy to clean with a normal light vacuum or easy brush. This is sure to benefit in homes with pets because the dirt and mud walked in from outside by cats and dogs is that much easier to clean up.
3) Very hygienic surface – wood is a really safe and hygienic surface which won’t harbor dirt and parasites. Also, it’s relatively easy to clean spills or unpleasant odors from pets. Alternative flooring surfaces such as carpet is well-known to trap dust, fleas and dust mites, which can have a negative effect on allergy sufferers. In addition, tile and stone floors are merely as hygienic as timber, but they do not have the same texture and warmth offered by the wooden surface.
4) Under floor heating – the good nature of wood flooring makes it a sensible option to have under floor heating installed in the house. This type of heating is very efficient and removes the requirement to have heating units on display throughout the home.
5) Easy to repair – if the timber flooring ever begins to look tired and worn from regular use, it’s possible to renovate with a simple do-it-yourself sanding and sealing job. A high-quality job has the potential to completely return the flooring back to new. Additionally, this is a good deal more cost efficient than having to replace with new, which is likely to be the standard practice with carpets.
6) Timeless appeal – the appeal of wood flooring has lasted for centuries and continues be just as popular today. Other flooring options such as tile designs, linoleum and carpet may have a style that is certain to lose its appeal over a period of time.